Tuesday, January 20, 2009

lecture 2

yeah...finish the 10 aspirations already!!



opps...i think i am late posting for my second lecture...


Microsoft talk

forgive me for being skeptical, but maybe i was expecting something different...

I felt the the whole lecture was about Microsoft advertising for itself, I was expecting to hear about the technology they use, how they program, what type of chip set were they using for xbox, what are the technical issues underlying , but in the end, i only hear all the advertising and crapping about thier products...

I can watch that on TV too....why do I need to come?



I hope I don't sound too rude...just that I am not good in expressing myself in words...
I was just disappointed that the talk did not meet my expectations(i thought that since this is a NUS class, I do hope for more teaching and explaining).

I guess that engineers just have different interests...

Dear readers,
please don't think I am so hard to please..because in reality I am really very easy going...



*Disclaimer : I don't have anything against Microsoft, in fact I prefer Windows than Mac,
and I am very grateful that they volunteered to teach us, just that I was a bit disappointed it didn't meet my expectations, but perhaps it was good for other people, if they are looking for something different from me, but well at least the talk did not suit my taste....

okay, despite some lamenting and complaining, I really do look forward to learn fun stuffs from Microsoft, I am sure that they have already prepared a great lesson for us.

Thanks , Apurva , Ian and Pratibha, you all have done a great job =)

2 comments:

  1. finish the 10 aspirations already!!

    Well done! :-)

    I was just disappointed that the talk did not meet my expectations

    To be fair to the Microsoft folks, they presented what I had suggested, i.e. their latest technologies, 'cos one of the objectives of the lectures to help students understand what's going on and what's coming up.

    Another suggestion: if any of the guest lecturers in the future do not cover exactly what you hope they would cover, please ask questions towards the end.

    I guess that engineers just have different interests...

    Just a warning: there is likely to be very little technical content for most of the lectures for CS3216. There will be a few and I will get complaints from the designer types that it's *too* technical. :-) You are supposed to pick up the technical stuff from the doing the assignments as I mentioned before.

    Lectures are mostly about broadening horizons and seeing possibilities. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Additionally they didn't think it was very "pointful" to be too technical, for there's not much that can be covered in such a short session.

    Most likely (in fact almost certainly) it will bore most people to death too.. at least that's what I have observed whenever Apurva went into details about the .NET 3.5 framework.. about ADO.NET, WCF, LINQ, etc. even though there's a pretty diagram on the screen.

    ReplyDelete