Sunday, February 1, 2009

some random stuffs and The Dream Team

finally i got some time for myself from this hectic cs3216,

and now I shall blog something .. I would like to say..

as it goes, assignment 1 is finally due , and all the apps of all the groups are already up on facebook,
and everyone's app is of such high quality that I am really humbled, it was really an eye opener to see what my class mates are capable of.



there is also an app that is quite commendable that i felt personally, that was spree kingdom,
because I have also heard from hui hui that khoa finish the app programming by himself, I
was really impress with the programming and AJAX and so on..(I think they were the only one with AJAX). and the design was also very nice and neat. the team did really well..



Fish Vegas was also very impressive, I think they did it with flash and something called flax,
the features were very nice , and neat , the user interactions was done it an elegant manner and most importantly
the art and animations were really killers. it really impressed me the first sight I saw it.
the team was also very hardworking ,how I know? because I saw them camping overnight in SOC almost everyday. haha =)



the other team did very well too...(don't be angry if i didn't meantion your app)
for me ..I think all the teams deserve an A+. hopefully evil prof Ben will be so forgetful and forget about something called the 'curve'. haha=)




but after praising others, let me come to the what I really want to say today, what I really want to do today is to praise my team. (because you must praise others first if you want to praise yourself)


I would never ever dare to boast that our app is the best app, but I would definitely boast about my team because I think that we are the best team around.

the 4 of us were like from different worlds united by a common goal To Make a great app that would impress everyone.


Initially during the team forming period , I was without a team and was looking for a group to join
after reading about kian boon's post about their app idea, It struck me that this must be the group I am looking for in this class. this must be the reason for me taking this course. to make an app like this with passionate people like these..

some complications arose after it, but we manage to form a team finally.

the team was really a good mix of talent, because if we were an island, doing things by ourselves we wouldn't had gone anywhere, but it was because we had different talents and had learnt how to complement each other with our talents , our app had been *permit me to say* very well done.

because of the attitude of the team, this was really the best team I have ever met in my NUS life,
it was the spirit of we-can-do-it-ness that made us extraordinary, and we learn many things together. when we met some problem we were willing to learn and change . and when some one's workload was too heavy, the others would try to help out *excluding the art part =( *

and it's our passion that has made the workload not stressful at all. although it was very tiring

the mixture of talent for our team was just nice. and we complement each other well..

haha, I am not good in expressing myself with words, and the post seems to be quite random,
But the most important thing is that

I really think that our team is the Dream Team. =)
to my team mates, I really think that all of you are really very talented, it has been my pleasure to work with you.

I am starting to feel that cs3216 is really a good module....

6 comments:

  1. Very happy that you managed to find a good team of people to work with. :-)

    Shared suffering promotes bonding. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess your dream team will be your final team ya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello dmz,
    hopefully they would take me in =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello prof Ben,

    haha, no suffering lah, it was really enjoyable =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are definitely sticking together lol! because the group worked so well, team dynamics actually pushed the app farther than where it would otherwise have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Yuhan! Your simple words can inspire all of us! Haha. Cant wait to start those nights of Fongseng and Sheares hall again!

    ReplyDelete