Sunday, March 8, 2009

Get help 2

I had miss the last lecture because I had a midterm that I was not confident with the next day,
so I had skip class to prepare for the midterm.

but after reading my classmate's post
I regretted for missing the class, because it seems so fun, all the topics discussed were so meaningful to us, especially when we are planning for our final project.

after reading all of my classmates posting and reading the case studies , I had some comments that I would like to share.

Team dynamics

after reading the case study about team dynamics and from my friends' posting,
I feel that team dynamics would be the most important thing that has contributed in our VC application,

the UI, the design,
the art , the programming and other stuffs, it can be learnt and can be done,
but only if everyone working on it are aware of the possibilities that can be done,

the people must have the correct mindset, only would things get working, that is why before working on the job, work on the people first.

and my former boss always said that 90% of the time he deals with people, only 10% of the time he deals with technical stuff.
it so true in the world outside, human problems are always the most difficult to solve.


I am so glad we didn't have any problems within the team for varsity chronicles,
the team dynamics just worked perfectly well, and it was a major problem solved without any pain.



user interface design

after some reading , it is quite true that the design must be designed from a human point of view, this is what we engineers are lacking of , after so much time coding in assembly language,
I found out that how much lacking am I coding in a way that is easily readable and elegant.

and the way we design things are just that we assume the users to know everything we think they should know, that is why my facebook assignment 1 and WPF are quite user unfriendly.
but it was lucky for me that I had so many group mates to complement on my weakness.

and I also found out that design skills was what I am lacking, so I had learn much from my group mates about planning and implementation and task assigning. not only human wise but also coding wise and implementation wise.


about Prof ben's quote:
“Programmers with people skills make the best Project Leaders.”

I personally would like to agree with this statement, because I aspire to be a project leader later in my life.
because technical skills and human skills have to go together to make a project successful, if you have human skills but nobody to work for you, then your human skills would be useless. if you have technical skills but you can't possibly learn everything under the sun, so you would also need to seek help from other individuals to get things done.



I am going to graduate this semester and I hope that the things I learnt in this module would really bring me further pastures where I have never been before.
working together with all these talented people has really broaden my eye sight, this is a great module i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment